Thursday, May 13, 2021

DFI Week 2 - Meetup Recording Exercise & Reflection

Intro

Ray and I reviewed two students' blogs and recorded our Google Meetups to post here. This isn't polished and is unedited. 

Video 1



Video 2


Useful Links:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1H9Y8ougnegvrzQASuW3ij0v8yJ0kVl7M5Y_8FYeiDLE/edit?usp=sharing

Reflection Questions

Blogging - Embedding Video in Blogs: Makaore

Embedding a video in a blog (in te reo)


Time to reflect and share with colleagues

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? I had previously read the slide deck on Manaiakalani's history and background and I enjoyed speaking with Dorothy when she visited my school.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? Bookmarks / Tabs - nested folders to store them in folders when I have a class set of websites / portfolios - this would be handy rather than having to go back into Code.org dashboard to navigate between them. Also to group and catagorise.

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  Encouraged to use Hangouts to record rewindable learning content (rather than Screencastify / Loom) 

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life? On Wednesday morning I sat the Google Cert Ed Exam before school. I liked how the questions had interactive movable definition / answer and think I will try to make these as opposed to using Google Forms


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Matt,
    Thank you for sharing your reflection on the day. Well done on completing the Google certification - how did you find it? It's good to be able to have Google Meet as another option for recording rewindable learning isn't it.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete